Put pi to work. The video provides the formulas for the circumference and area of circles. Using the formulas, the presenter shows how to distinguish the two using units. The discussion leads to the second formula for finding the circumference.
1 Collection 33 Views 15 Downloads CCSS: Adaptable
- Lead a discussion on the accuracy of answers using approximations of pi
- Individuals should be comfortable with decimal multiplication
- Classmates should be familiar with units of measurement for lengths and areas
- Provides examples of finding the circumference and area of circles
- The presenter points out the importance of practice in learning math