This Christmas Around the World Part 1 lesson plan also includes:
A creative lesson shines a spotlight on Christmas celebrations throughout six different countries. Scholars read an informative text and share their new-found knowledge with their peers. After hearing about each country, pupils choose one then draw a scene that depicts a traditional holiday celebration. A whole-class discussion on similarities and differences closes the learning experience.
- Display finished products around the classroom for a festive touch before the holiday break
- Complete a Venn diagram during the discussion to visually organize participants' ideas
- Borrow a collection of books from the school library about Christmas around the world, have them available for learners to browse during the month of December
- Some prep work and gathering of materials is required
- The lesson plan is written clearly and in detail for easy implementation
- Ideas for modifications and adaptations are included