This Christa's Lost Lesson: Effervescence lesson plan also includes:
How are chemical reactions affected by gravity? Learners explore the phenomenon of effervescence as part of the Christa's Lost Lessons series. They compare findings in an experiment on effervescence to a video of a similar experiment in space and draw conclusions about how gravity affects the results. Then, they learn about acids, bases, and chemical reactions with elaboration and discussion.
- Divide the class into small groups and have each explore one of the suggested options in the enrichment activity, then report to the class
- Use as an introduction to gravity and its effects on various scientific phenomena
- Requires some materials not typically found in the classroom
- Contains worksheet with detailed instructions and data table
- Offers an enrichment activity for extension