This Chirp! Chirp! lesson plan also includes:
If you build it, they will come. Young scholars learn about local birds in an interesting hands-on lesson. They begin by identifying birds either from photos or in nature and then build their own bird feeders. The lesson is the first in a five-part Family Nature Program series.
- Adapt the activity to focus on birds in the local area
- Have learners design their bird feeders based on the type of bird they would like to attract
- Kit materials are only available in Indiana but can be recreated from online resources such as the Bird Field Guide App
- Provides images for identification
- Uses a kinesthetic approach