The Chinese New Year is a celebratory time for Chinese citizens and Chinese-Americans alike! A short video showcases the origin of the Chinese New Year holiday and how it is celebrated currently.
11 Views 9 Downloads
- Have a Chinese New Year celebration in the classroom; invite learners to bring in food items and decorate
- Hand out red envelopes filled with pretend money that class members can use at a classroom store
- Perform a cooperative learning activity to discuss the question found at the end of the video
- Chinese New Year is celebrated between January 21 and February 20—check your calendar to confirm this year's date
- The webpage offers related material
- The video incorporates engaging visual effects alongside real-life photographs