This Chemistry and Comics activity & project also includes:
Copying the comics couldn't be easier. A fun and simple activity has young scientists rub the back of a comic strip with a spoon to see if the ink will transfer to a white sheet of paper. They then repeat the experiment, rubbing different comics with water, isopropyl alcohol, and liquid detergent to see which liquid best helps transfer ink to the white sheet of paper.
- Have learners bring newspaper comics from home
- Water, liquid detergent, isopropyl alcohol, and cotton swabs are necessary
- Depending on the age of the pupils, instructors may want to handle the isopropyl alcohol
- Direction sheet has pictures that illustrate the steps
- Provides explanations of what to expect and why