This Chemistry: All About You unit also includes:
Developed for the 100-year anniversary of Marie Curie's Nobel Prize, a book offers lessons and activities to interest scholars in chemistry. It is divided into modules, so you can pick information from each to create your own lesson plans. Modules include background information, a chemistry video, online resources, awareness-raising activities, and hands-on activities.
- Conduct additional information about Marie Curie
- Make a timeline of major advances in the field of chemistry
- Focused on convincing women to become chemists; make a point not to leave out male students if you incorporate these activities
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Includes four complete lesson plans
- Divides hands-on activities into two sections: materials and properties as one and water experiments as the other