It's all uphill from here! Scholars examine the pattern of random particle motion up a staircase. The simulation shows how the linear increase in energy corresponds to an exponential decrease in particle concentration.
3 Views 0 Downloads NGSS: Adaptable
- Start the simulation at the beginning of class; analyze during the final 15 minutes
- Create a best fit line to model the change
- Ensure an understanding of chemical potential prior to the demonstration
- The demonstration provides both a bar and line graph to help visualize the pattern
- Allows control of different variables