Viewers learn how to identify the substances in a chemical reaction, how to balance it, and the different types of chemical reactions by watching a presentation that also includes a review of monomers and polymers. The presentation ends with a small glimpse into stoichiometry.
- Use presentation to introduce balancing chemical equations
- After modeling how to balance a chemical equation, stop the presentation and supplement with problems for pupils to work through
- Suggested duration is two days; depending upon level of classes, this presentation may take one to three days
- Presentation is straightforward, simple, and easy to incorporate into a lesson
- Begins with a short review of evidence of chemical reactions