This Chemical Bonds: Covalent and Ionic Bonding interactive also includes:
Get back to bonding basics. Science scholars get a chance to show what they know using a simple interactive. Pupils create models of covalent and ionic bonds before answering questions about each interaction. The resource includes a discussion question to test their understanding of the stability of noble gases.
- Use the Challenge Me questions as a formative check
- Have the class draw the ionic and covalent compounds they make and explain what is happening in each
- Sign up for a free CK-12 account to access the resource
- The interactive is appropriate for middle and high school science students
- Interactive works smoothly and is easy to manipulate
- Resource includes video tutorial links to help with mastery of ionic bonding