This Check Yourself with Lateral Reading: Crash Course Navigating Digital Information #3 video also includes:
According to author John Green, who narrates the series, lateral reading may just be one of the most critical skills of the 21st century. So what is it? With the third installment from the Crash Course: Navigating Digital Information series, scholars discover how to use multiple tabs in a browser to fact check while reading. They learn how Internet-reading is different from book-reading and how to make the best use of their time while gathering information online.
- Provide time for students to practice lateral reading on their own
- Have small groups discuss the main differences between reading a book or newspaper and reading a website
- Requires projection and speakers
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Humorous narration helps viewers stay entertained and engaged while also learning
- Provides specific website examples to reinforce key points