Provide your class with a simple explanation of channel protein movement. Pupils view a short video segment and explore how channel proteins move ions across a plasma membrane. They conclude the lesson with a short discussion of cell organisms and the importance each component serves in overall cellular function.
- Divide the class into groups and play a game to mimic the operation of channel proteins
- Research the importance of channel proteins and how other components of the cell assist them in daily operations
- Ensure there is enough time to cover the material and that the class fully understands the concept before moving forward
- Gives a thorough breakdown of protein movement across the membrane so the class may understand this complex issue
- Contains pauses/breaks in the video to allow learners the opportunity to ask questions