How does a change in amplitude or period affect the equation of a sine function? Scholars move sliders to change the frequency and period of the sine function. The interactive displays the resulting equation, and pupils determine the effect on the period of the function based upon the frequency and amplitude.
- Lead a mini-lesson on the relationship between frequency and period of sinusoidal functions
- Make the connection to vertical and horizontal stretches of functions by having the class compare the forms of the equations
- Requires signing up for a free CK-12 account
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Reveals the correct solution if the wrong one is given
- Contains helpful hints for the problems