This Changes in My State activity & project also includes:
So much can change in seven years. Young statisticians choose three types of businesses, such as toy stores and amusement parks, and use census data to determine how the number of those businesses in their state changed between 2010 to 2017. They construct double bar graphs and make comparative statements about the data.
- Have each classmate investigate a different US state, then share their findings with the rest of the class or with a group
- Graph paper and colored pencils are recommended for the activity
- Learners must know how to create and analyze bar graphs, including double bar graphs
- Lists a set of reflection questions for pupils to consider
- Provides teacher notes on actions to take before, during, and after the lesson