This Chair Design activity & project also includes:
Can you design the perfect chair? Scholars apply the engineering design process to design and build a prototype of a new type of chair from wires. They test their designs with a wooden artist model or stuffed animal.
12 Views 8 Downloads NGSS: Designed
- Have a contest to see which group can make the best chair
- Requires materials such as wire, measuring tape, and a wooden artist model or stuffed animal
- Activity requires a soldering iron; be sure to learners are aware of proper safety precautions
- Provides detailed instructions on the activity
- Includes journal activity and rubric