Do your students ever confuse centripetal force and centrifugal force? Here is a video that addresses exactly that concept. The video uses a tether ball as a demonstration of the various forces at play.
4 Views 2 Downloads CCSS: Adaptable
- Share this comic about centrifugal force: https://xkcd.com/123/
- Requires prior knowledge of inertia and Newton's first law
- Not all comments demonstrate respect for diversity of thought and religion
- Addresses an extremely common misconception that drives many physics teachers crazy
- Clear diagrams and visual aids help clarify the concepts