This temperature scale brought to you by...Carl Linnaeus? Discover the true origins of the world's most popular unit of temperature with a video from Veritasium. Content includes the world's struggle with standard temperature measurement, Celsius' role in the adoption of the scale, and the host of other scientists responsible for the current version of the Celsius scale.
- Show the video after introducing temperature scales to your physical science class
- Pair the resource with similar information about the Kelvin or Fahrenheit scale
- Provide some context for phase diagrams if your class has not yet studied them
- The resource is full of interesting facts, keeping students engaged throughout
- Narrator gives a clear explanation of how people create and adopt standard forms of measurement