This Cellular Division presentation also includes:
Based on current scientific knowledge, all cells come from preexisting cells. Scholars learn about cell division, cell replication, mitosis, meiosis, and more with a PowerPoint. It describes the differences between prokaryotes and eukaryotes as well as what happens when the process doesn't work properly. An in-presentation quiz allows for immediate correction of misunderstandings.
- Have pupils draw a Venn diagram of mitosis/meiosis
- Discuss the role of cell division in cancer
- Relies on prior knowledge of cells, the parts of cells, and the function of cells
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Includes easy-to-read diagrams
- Provides both drawings and pictures of actual cells dividing to reinforce the concepts