This Cell-to-Cell unit plan also includes:
The third in a series of 10 STEM project-based lessons focuses on cells types, functions, and physiology. Through research, discussions, writings, and presentations, groups learn about the difference between plant and animal cells, the importance and function of cells, and finish with a presentation on the knowledge learned about a specific cell organelle.
- Bring in different types of cells (eggs, skin, muscle, heart, plant, etc.) for classes to observe
- Suggests three weeks to complete, spending four days/week on this project; depending upon level of classes and length of class periods, duration may be more or less
- Gives three days for pupils to learn about the cell cycle, mitosis, meiosis, prokaryotes, eukaryotes, and viruses; teachers may want/need to expand this time
- Lesson utilizes technology through apps and online research
- A syllabus shows the tasks to complete, other requirements, and optional projects