This Cell Division lesson plan also includes:
Searching for simple ways to teach mitosis to high schoolers? Using colored chalk and onion root tips, pupils visually demonstrate what they view when looking through the lens of a microscope. There are also various ways to expand the concepts to appeal to all learners in the class.
- Use styrofoam pool noodles and have students act out the various phases of mitosis
- Allow students to present posters demonstrating mitotic phases
- Provide several color choices when using pool noodles for a clearer visualization
- Materials in the lab are easy to clean after completion
- Many modifications can be made to the lab for differentiated learning and time management
- Mitosis song is a bit elementary for students in high school and would better apply to elementary classes