This Celery Lab lesson plan also includes:
See firsthand the work plants do to move nutrients through their systems with a activity that demonstrates the role of the xylem and phloem in plants. Young scientists observe celery move colored water through its stem to the leaves and connect their observations to the structure and function of its parts.
- Have pupils compare and contrast the transport process in plants and animals
- Requires the two parts of the activity to take place over a two-day period
- Builds on an understanding of the structure and function of roots and stems
- Teaching guide includes images to help describe the steps of the activity
- Encourages group collaboration and communication