This Celebrating National Holidays lesson plan also includes:
- Join to access all included materials
There's more to holidays than just days off! Young historians explore the meaning behind national holidays in a five-part lesson. They focus on what holidays are and why they are celebrated, as well as learn the meaning of music in the celebrations by listening to audio clips. Individuals participate in discussion, learn vocabulary, listen to books, and complete activities to discover what several different national holidays are all about.
- Celebrate a national holiday as a class and discuss its meaning
- Have scholars share their personal experiences of holidays
- Instructors are encouraged to supplement or substitute resources to meet the needs of their students
- Lesson provides a sample key of the celebration matrix to assist learners
- The resource includes assessment activities to gauge pupils' understanding