This Celebrate Urban Birds activity & project also includes:
Set up a 50x50 square foot area in a space at school and choose three days to go outside and observe the birds seen in a 10 minute span. The activity has learners tapping into their observation skills and creates awareness of the birds in their school yard.
- Have learners share their data with the Cornell Lab of Ornithology Celebrate Urban Birds website
- Set up bird feeders outside of the classroom window for observing or simply take supervised walks around the school
- Provide learners with a clipboard and other observation tools such as binoculars for the activity
- Intended for observing birds in urban areas
- Reinforces observation skills and the collection of data
- Comes with a bird guide for easy bird watching