This Causes and Effects of Climate Change lesson plan also includes:
It's time for your class to literally show what they know! Pupils illustrate what they learned about the causes and effects of climate change by filling out a graphic organizer to complete the 5-part series of lessons. They discuss them in pairs and within the class before writing a persuasive reflection showing evidence for climate change.
- As the class discusses the graphic organizers, draw one on the board and fill it in; when individuals write their persuasive essays, allow them to use this as a reference
- Use this as a culminating activity for a unit on climate change and weather
- Depending upon the length of discussions and levels of classes, the activity may take one entire class period
- A rubric for the writing is located on page three
- Includes samples of empty graphic organizers on pages four and five