Understanding soil composition requires an understanding of chemical bonding. An informative video lesson shows learners how the atoms and molecules in the soil form ions that attract and repel other atoms and molecules. The narrator connects the chemistry of the soil to its application in the farming industry.
- Follow the video with a lab to analyze different soil types
- Pair with additional lessons from the same publisher to explore fertilizing soils
- Requires background knowledge of ionic bonding
- Animations help add clarity to the concept of bonding
- Provides an option for closed captioning to assist with vocabulary acquisition