This Cathedrals and Universities: Crash Course History of Science #11 video also includes:
How are so many medieval buildings still standing today? And, how did ancient builders learn such skills? Discover the amazing feats of medieval engineers with part 11 in a 15-installment History of Science series. The narrator describes how cathedrals increased the population around them, as well as what majors and courses medieval college scholars studied.
- Use the resource to explain the medieval educational process
- Break the class into small groups and ask them to research one of the famous universities shown in the video
- Spend a little time after the video discussing how the change in educational texts led to a wider range of scientific thought and experiment to ensure students understand this main idea
- The subject matter is engrossing for pupils in high school
- Diagrams illustrate the engineering behind massive cathedrals in a manner all individuals understand