Ever wonder how to create museum dioramas? Examine the newly created striped hyena exhibit through the eyes of a scientist using a video from a larger playlist on mammals. Content includes the origins of the hyenas in the display, why this species differs greatly from the spotted hyena, and the painstaking details found in the diorama.
- Let the video tell the story of an unusual species of hyena in its natural habitat
- Use the resource to give pupils an idea of what goes into planning and executing a museum diorama
- Provide a little context about the hyena if you have not covered it in class
- The video provides a behind-the-scenes look at the inner workings of a natural history museum
- Researchers relate important details of the hyena's habitat and behavior clearly and concisely