How do cohesion and adhesion work together? The third installment of a nine-part series teaches young scientists the difference between adhesion and cohesion. They also learn how cohesion and adhesion work together to cause capillary action.
1 Collection 19 Views 6 Downloads NGSS: Designed
- Have learners brainstorm different examples of capillary action in a journal entry
- Be sure to use the two activities associated with this lesson (fourth and fifth installments of the series)
- Though not indicated in the materials section, a glass of water, food coloring, and paper towels are necessary for the demonstration
- Participants need to have experience with the cosine function in order to understand the given equations
- Includes easily decipherable diagrams
- No handouts or worksheets for the lesson portion are included