This Can You Design and Construct a Better Candy Bag? lesson plan also includes:
Bag the sweet resource for later use! Pupils learn about engineering design by developing a new, improved bag for candy from thin plastic sheets or from paper. The bags are to be visually appealing, but should also be functional. To complete the STEM activity, the class tests out their bags to find how much candy they hold by weight.
- Have an owner of a local business challenge the class with the activity
- Lesson requires a variety of materials
- Resource is part of the SLED Design series
- Includes a printable student handout
- Lists some assessment options