This Can You Canoe? activity & project also includes:
- Join to access all included materials
A neat handout immerses learners in the history of canoe making. After reading, small groups of mini engineers work to craft a canoe that will not be immersed! This is an ideal exercise in engineering design for your STEM curriculum or as an addition to a physical science instructional activity on buoyancy.
- Covers the history of canoes in addition to providing an engineering challenge
- Encourages teamwork and problem-solving
- Helps to meet both Common Core literacy and Next Generation Science Standards
- Fails to teach about the concepts of buoyancy and density; cover these concepts with middle schoolers for fuller understanding