This Can Small Pollutants Harm Aquatic Organisms? lesson plan also includes:
- Student Worksheet: Can Small Pollutants Harm Aquatic Organisms?
- Student Worksheet: Can Small Pollutants Harm Aquatic Organisms? Answers
- How Can Nanoparticles Move from Land to Ocean?
- Student Worksheet: Runoff Lab
- Student Worksheet: Runoff Lab Answers
- Next Generation Science Standards
- Join to access all included materials
Nanoparticles have toxic effects on plant and animal life—even though you can't see them. The second instructional activity of a two-part series has young scientists conduct an experiment that exposes plant and animals to nanoparticle pollutants. They chart the results of the exposure over time and make conclusions based on their observations.
- Have pupils research common local pollutants and their effects on the local plants and animals
- Incorporate during a unit on environmental pollutants
- Requires a specific set of materials for lab activity
- Highlights relevant scientific vocabulary
- Includes an extension activity for advanced classes