Some plastics market as green, but are they really? Turns out, the question is a complicated one. A video lesson describes how these new plastics may have some decomposing properties but need a little boost from industry. The lesson comes from a larger Reactions series and provides descriptions of the chemical composition of the different plastics.
- Incorporate during an environmental science unit with a focus on conservation
- Have learners make Venn diagrams to compare and contrast the two types of plastic in the lesson
- Consider monitoring YouTube comments if making the video available for independent viewing
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Provides a link to another video on a similar topic
- Uses strong images to provide clarity to the explanations