This Cambridge Ideas - How Many Lightbulbs? video also includes:
Humans have become addicted to fossil fuels. From pumping oil into our cars, to burning natural gas to heat our water, or using coal to create electricity that lights our homes, we are constantly relying on these nonrenewable resources. Scientist Neil Payne takes a close look at energy consumption in Great Britain and discusses more sustainable alternatives. A video that raises awareness of our own habits would be a great starting point for class discussions on fossil fuels and alternative energy.
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Provides statistics related to the energy consumption of everyday activities
- Academic language appropriate for middle and high school students
- Allows teachers to customize lessons based on the video
- Focuses only on energy consumption and resources in Great Britian