This Calorimetry Lab lesson plan also includes:
Young people between the ages of 11–13 need on average about 2,000 calories per day. Within the lab, groups learn about calorimetry and respiration. They explore how it pertains to humans and animals living the Arctic where cold temperatures provide a unique environment.
- Activities fit within a unit on respiration, energy, or ecology
- Learning organelles of a cell is suggested for one week of this activity; if already complete, the duration of the activity will be shorter
- Procedure is a list of suggested activities and not a procedure for one specific lesson
- The list of activities in the procedure is extensive
- Provides rubrics for calorimetry lab and health lesson self portrait
- Calorimetry lab listed in resources no longer exists