How do you measure the heat within a substance? Introduce your chemistry scholars to the concept of calorimetry with a short but detailed video. Pupils discover the uses of calorimetry, how to perform calculations using data from a calorimetry experiment, and the difference between endothermic and exothermic systems.
- Watch the video before the class' first calorimetry experiment
- Have learners create their own examples or demonstrations that illustrate heat transfer between substances
- Prior knowledge of heat and heat transfer are helpful for watching the video
- Animations help students understand the components of a calorimeter as well as their functions
- The narrator clearly explains the conditions present during a calorimetry experiment and how heat transfers within the calorimeter