This unit is so cool, you won't be able to "kelp" yourself! Intended for all grades, this science and activity guide for teachers offers a unique opportunity to understand kelp's role as a valuable ecological resource. Teachers and students look closely at the life history of giant kelp, and discover the wildlife that depend on the kelp forest. Learners also explore concerns related to the decline in kelp and ways to restore it.
- Create an ocean-themed word wall that incorporates kelp vocabulary
- Grade levels are indicated with text sizes. Large text indicates primary grades, and smaller text indicates secondary and high school grades
- No answer key is necessary because the activities are open-ended
- Microscope and kelp samples are needed for the experiment portion for secondary grades
- Be sure to review all materials needed before beginning experiments
- All reproducibles are provided
- Activities are not appropriate for every grade level