All's fair in math and war. Scholars examine the Battle of Trafalgar using calculus. They set up and solve a system of differential equations to determine the number of ships remaining in each fleet over time.
3 Views 1 Download
- Team up with a social studies teacher for the lesson
- Learners need to be able to solve differential equations, including second-order differential equations
- Note that the solutions are on the same webpage; instructors may wish to print out the problems to give to the class
- Provides solutions and commentary
- Includes references for further study