This Calculus AB/BC - The Product Rule ap test prep also includes:
There's more to derivatives of multiplication than simply the product of the derivatives. A helpful video gives learners the product rule of finding the derivative of the product of two functions. Pupils find the derivatives of functions that are products of two other functions. Individuals learn to use a table to find the value of a derivative at a given point by applying the product rule.
- Take time to show that the constant rule can be treated as a product, but it is not necessary as the answer will be the same
- Individuals should know how to take basic derivatives
- Fits as the eighth of 11 lessons in Unit 2
- Includes test prep questions using the product rule
- Shows finding equivalent expressions to point out that multiple choice items may not have the initial answer
- Provides a pause to encourage scholars to try a problem on their own prior to seeing the answer