Unlike mathematics, statistics comes with a context. The author reminds teachers that data analysis involves using the context to make sense of the numbers. The article stresses good communication skills by highlighting the scoring rubric for free-response questions. In conclusion, the reading reminds teachers that good communication comes with practice.
- Use the suggestions on a regular basis in the classroom
- Develop a culture that expects clear communication
- Some individuals need more assistance in the beginning to get used to writing in math
- Provides actual test responses to illustrate the levels of writing
- Uses a previous AP® guide to show that writing has been critical in statistics for quite some time