This Caeno-WHAT?? lesson plan also includes:
Can you feel that? Can you smell that? Since pupils can't ask worms about their sense of smell and touch, they design and complete an experiment to answer these questions. Using soil of their own, individuals expose nematodes to different stimuli and observe their reactions.
- Have pupils practice using microscopes prior to the lesson by viewing pre-made slides
- Ask individuals to bring in dirt from different areas such as parks, wildlife areas, shorelines, etc.
- Be sure of the availability and access to tools and materials prior to the lesson
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Includes a detailed teacher guide to help plan for the lesson
- Provides background information important for the lesson