This By the People, For the People unit plan also includes:
A picture speaks a thousand words—no matter how old. The 18th installment of a 22-part series on the making of American history has scholars research the causes of the Great Depression and the factors of the New Deal. Using photographic evidence and primary sources, they discover the stories behind the images as they present their findings to the class.
- Assign pairs and groups of students to play to individual strengths and facilitate learning
- Place large copies of Lange's photos around the room for viewing and reference during the lesson
- Lesson uses VCR, overhead projector, and transparencies
- Lesson includes a photo fact sheet for teacher use in interpretation of the Migrant Mother photograph
- Resource provides printable documents and worksheets for classroom distribution
- Activity four on the virtual war games does not fit this lesson on the Great Depression and New Deal