This Bullying: Grades 9-12 lesson plan also includes:
- Bull Pulpit (.pdf)
- Shutting Down the Rumor Mill (.pdf)
- Quiz (.pdf)
- Quiz: Answer Key (.pdf)
- Dealing With Bullying
- Coping With Cliques
- How Can I Help Someone Who's Being Bullied?
- Should I Fight a Bully?
- Someone Is Spreading Rumors About Me. What Can I Do?
- I Helped Spread a Rumor. What Should I Do?
- I Bullied Someone. How Can I Apologize?
- Sexual Harassment and Sexual Bullying
- Join to access all included materials
Scholars learn to shut down the rumor mill by asking three questions: "Is it kind?" "Is it true?" "Is it necessary?" in an 11-page packet that details three activities designed to make a difference at your school. Here, pupils run for class president and craft a campaign speech addressing bullying, and create pamphlets and posters to spread an anti-bullying message.
- Divide the class into nine groups, assign each a different article to analyze, have groups report their findings to the whole class
- Part of the Health Problems series for grades 9-12
- Requires computers with internet access and graphic arts software, if possible
- The packet includes a comprehension quiz and an answer key