This Building Ideas and Making Connections: "Monkey See, Monkey Do" lesson plan also includes:
Reading a scientific article about cross-species synchronization may sound like a yawner. But "Monkey See, Monkey Do" is a fascinating tale that just happens to be about yawning, within and across species. After a close reading, class members craft an explanatory essay about how the author structures his article.
- To test the theory of synchronization, have young scientists conduct yawning and laughing experiments out of class, keep notes in their journals, and share the results
- To save paper and copying costs, share the article on Google Classroom
- Set aside some extra prep time to become familiar with the many tabs and links in the resource
- Requires a free account to access some materials
- Includes samples of student essays