This Building Blocks assessment also includes:
Math is a lot like building blocks—it requires a solid foundation. A short performance task has pupils consider the volume of a cubic block. It then asks mathematicians to find the surface area and volume of a prism made from stacking several blocks.
- Bring in some actual blocks for pupils to use
- Apply the worksheet as a quiz
- Learners should be familiar with volume concepts
- Includes a printable worksheet
- Provides correct answers and sample work as part of a scoring rubric
- Quality of diagrams is poor