This Building Background Knowledge: Investigating the Scientific Method with Max Axiom Super Scientist lesson plan also includes:
Let's have a look at something different. Scholars take a look at the text Investigating the Scientific Method with Max Axiom Super Scientist and discuss how the structure, graphics, and images appear different than previous works they studied. After talking about how the text is formatted more like a comic book, pupils glue, tape, or staple a Visual Elements of a Graphic Novel reference page into their journals to use later. They then begin reading and taking note of vocabulary in the book.
- Teach along with a unit on a different genre
- First lesson of 10 in Grade 5 ELA Module 2B, Unit 1
- Order of lessons matters
- Uses glue, tape, or staples
- Includes list of vocabulary words to teach along with the text
- Offer norms for group discussions