This Build Your Own Robot Arm lesson plan also includes:
- Join to access all included materials
Engineers team up to design and construct an 18-inch-long robotic arm that can successfully pick up a paper cup. Each group is given the exact same set of materials, but it is up to them to decide what to use and how to use it. It is a straightforward, yet challenging plan for your physical science class.
- Several Next Generation Science Standards in engineering can be met with this lesson
- Helps youngsters develop collaboration, problem solving, and critical thinking skills
- An included worksheet poses self-evaluation questions
- Younger children with less hand coordination may find it difficult to build an apparatus capable of grasping the cup; you may want to only consider this lesson for middle school classes