Metals bend the rules of bonding to create their own version. A thorough video lesson describes how metals bond using animated models. The instructor explains how metallic bonding leads to different chemical properties than ionic or covalent bonding.
- Have pupils create a foldable to record important information on the different types of bonds
- Research common alloys and their uses
- Requires a familiarity with the periodic table and the electrons associated with groups of elements
- Highlights properties of metals in connection to their bonding strategies
- Emphasizes new vocabulary both in verbal and written format