This Boat Building Challenge activity & project also includes:
Scholars build a boat using an assortment of materials such as foam plates, aluminum foil, and skewers, then test its buoyancy with pennies. Challenge boat builders to construct the strongest or fastest boat in a healthy competition with their peers.
- Allow learners to create a design on their boat's sail
- Send instructions home to give pupils the opportunity to build and sail a boat with their family members
- Research famous boats that have sailed across oceans and seas
- Requires a variety of materials, ask parents and guardians to donate supplies to save time and money
- Provides interesting background information on boats and the discovery of buoyancy by Archimedes
- Includes pictures alongside detailed building instructions