Learners create patterns in a table to mimic the function of an electronic spreadsheet. The result is a table that creates an addition table for decimals in intervals of one-tenth. While creating the pattern, pupils must thoroughly investigate the patterns for adding decimals.
- Form collaborative groups to complete the task; have one person from each group move to a different group to explain solutions
- Use as a performance task activity
- Requires a solid understanding of addition of decimals
- Includes an answer key with sample solutions
- Requires deep mathematical thinking