This Blocks activity & project also includes:
Block play can teach children about gravity, physics, and spatial relationships. A hands-on lesson incorporates these concepts with an activity in which learners examine the relationship between levels in a pile. Scholars begin to understand the function and use it to estimate the number of blocks on each level.
- Use blocks or coins and do a few trials before guessing the relationship in the picture
- Discuss if the function is linear, exponential, or quadratic
- Relies on prior knowledge of estimation
- Easy to incorporate hands-on activities
- Extends to higher and lower levels as needed